Happy St. Patricks day!
I wore a green hello kitty shirts with green sweater, and even painted my nails in green too. I also made some homemade hummus in green to just complete the over-the-top girliness. I love events.
- 1 (500g) bag frozen organic shelled edamame
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 whole lemon, fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 black papper
- Cilantro ,optional
- Green Onion ,optional
1. Boil the edamame until they are all nice and soft. I took maybe 20 min.
2. Mince the 4 garlic cloves
3. Put minced garlic and boiled edamame to the food processor and process until somewhat smooth, stopping to scrape down the side of the bowl as necessary.
4. Add in the lemon juice, tahini, and water and process again until smooth.
5. Add salt to taste along with cayenne pepper, cumin and ground coriander. Process again until combined.
6. Scoop into a serving bowl. Chop some cilantro and green onions to decorate.
If you are in Japan and having hard time looking for Tahini, try “Gyomu Super”. They sell it only for 395yen a bottle! I looked a International store and they had it, but it was bloody 1500 yen. Do not let Japan spend more money than you should just because everyone else is doing it. You just have to know a right place to go.